Saturday, October 07, 2006

Sober musings

Spent a lovely day in the sun pottering about, buying what I thought were trendy new shorts (actually very baggy new shorts - I'm going to look like I'm wearing a skirt), getting an aerodynamic haircut, and then strolling back to meet people in the pub.

Absolutely beautiful day, I just spent the whole walk looking around and absorbing what was going on around me. Amateur footballers playing on the common like the Parklife video, three mates laughing and staring at the A-Z as they tried to find out what direction they were going in their car, couples out walking their dogs - it was just felt good to be out and about. I walked past a few pubs and couldn't think of anywhere I less like to be on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll be straight back into that next weekend, but for today, I was feeling good.

Then I started to think. How much of my life has been wasted in a hungover state? Doesn't bear thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment