Tuesday, October 31, 2006

a knapsack on our backs


On Saturday, in a vain attempt to stay out of the pub for most of the day, we decided to walk along the Thames. Starting at London Bridge, we meandered through tourist hordes, massive riverside apartment complexes and one particularly shady industrial estate in Wandsworth, before flumping into a lovely wee bar called the Cats Back in Putney for a few well earned beers. A rough measurement on the RunLondon website showed it to be approx. 8.5 miles - not too shabby!

On the way I took a few photos - nowt too exciting but nonetheless I feel there is a dearth of shite on the internet, so here they are. The one below is Murray taken by Lucy under the MI6 building. You might have been able to tell it wasn't me from the fact it's pretty cool.

I love the Albert Bridge - it doesn't belong in London, and I often wonder how many of the throng milling up and down the South Bank ever make it far enough up river to see it, contenting themselves instead with the brutal majesty of Waterloo and the Cannon Street railway bridge. It should be in Disneyland, leading up to the castle. If I was old Prince Albert, I'd definitely be using it as a chat up line down the Pearly Gates & Firkin on a Friday night, rather than the fact that I'd had a cock ring named after me.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:38 am

    Some more photies here chap...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/choppington_steel/sets/72157594492628905/

    ReplyDelete