Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Reality Bites

I'm off to pick up my t-shirt and digital chip after work from the Nike shop. Reality is setting in and my stomach is starting to churn a little bit at the thought that I am going to actually be running a 10k in public in less than 4 days time... I plan to get over my apprehension by buying myself a pair of running shorts as well, ones that cover my knees and make me look cool. Maybe a shiny blue pair - that would be nice. Unfortunately I'm not sure I'm going to get the potato suit sorted in time, much to my disappointment. I'm sure Nike have some kind of corporate rules around being wacky whilst advertising their product anyway.

I was supposed to be going to Nike Town with my "training partner" (remember him?), Craig, but yet again he was unable to make it. We haven't made it out for a single run together either. All those wistful daydreams of official training runs, chatting to athletic ladies, now seem lost in the warm hazy days of July when we signed up. I'm even starting to wonder if he'll turn up on Sunday.

Afterwards I'm meeting up with Vodka Betty and she's going to cook me dinner - I have requested lots of rice as Euan tells me I should be "carb-loading" from now until the big day. Normally Lizzi and I would stop off for a wee bevvy en route back to hers, but I am sworn off the drink until about 2pm on Sunday. She does stress that Guinness is good for you though.

And I got some more sponsorship! Andrea and Lorraine from work - thank you very much! Lorraine is giving me cash as she doesn't trust t'internet, on the proviso that I run downstairs to get it from her. Quite why I would when there's a perfectly good lift is beyond me.

Up to £455 - that top ten isn't far away now. Do you think it's enough to make up for all the bad things I've done in my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment