Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Final Countdown...

I have broken my target sponsorship, thanks to my overly generous mother giving me 60 pounds! Over £400 raised!

This despite the fact that loads of people I previously would have classed as close friends have not sponsored me. I have decided that after I finally finish thanking everyone individually for donating money, I am going to turn to those who didn’t. Where sponsors get a glowing ego-boosting tribute, non-sponsors can expect the rough side of my tongue. And not in a good way.
My mate Euan and his lovely girlfriend Laura have moved to London! Woot! He’s part of team South on Sunday too. As is Olly from work, who has sponsored me a tenner, rising to 20 quid if I do it in under an hour. So that’s 20 quid then.

Jude has sponsored me the tenner I owed her rather than ask for it back, and my former boss Jenny has promised me a tenner on completion as well. My friend Suzanne has chipped in a further tenner, taking me to £410.01 in total. What with a couple of uncles etc still to contribute, I think I’m well on my way to the £500 mark, meaning my employers will have to double their contribution. If anyone needs any extra motivation, another £95 will get me onto the Run London leaderboard as one of the top ten sponsors – in all honesty the only leaderboard I have a chance of featuring on.

And to cap it all, the sun is out and I got the number of the cute barmaid down the local on Friday night.

It'll be weird once the race is over, but I have plenty of other ideas to keep life interesting.

Keep you posted

No comments:

Post a Comment