Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thinking about it....

......"Glasgow Underground" is yet another CD of mine that has gone missing over the past 3 years. Along with "Subculture". And Optimo 2001. And 2 Many Djs. And Mylo.

It's understandable, but why did some individual / collection of rapscallions have to nick all my best, most credible House CDs? In the future, my kids will look at my remaining detritus ("Jesus Jones", anyone?) and question why their dad couldn't be cool like their mates'. My protestations will no doubt be met with the same disbelief as I showed when querying my mum on the absence of Rolling Stones and Beatles records from her collection, receiving the excuse that "we did have loads, they must have all been nicked at parties or something". Given recent experience, I'm starting to think that might actually have been the truth.....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:23 am

    I remember having a party after Shine (Billy Nasty clubbed us to death with his amazing Hard House set.) and the next day I realised 3 of my Slayer albums had been tea leafed. It baffled me what a load of dance heads would be wanting with Slayer albums. Hope they enjoyed them is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure by 10am the following morning it seemed like a good idea.... Bloody disco kids - thieves the lot of them! I blame a couple of Dubliners I used to live with for my losses....

    ReplyDelete