Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Playing football tomorrow....

Figure if I don't start playing it at some point soon I'll not be able to anymore.

I've slowly begun to accept that my chances of playing rugby for Ireland are probably gone, given that I took a break from it 10 years ago and forgot to start again.

Witnessing Ryan Giggs puff and pant his way around the pitch in recent weeks, it's dawned on me that I have maybe 6 years left to play in the Premiership, so step one is tomorrow. Pretty confident it's only a fitness / lack of tactical awareness thing that's holding me back.

Am prepared for pain. And men shouting at me. Potentially even an injured netball player, if my one previous outing last summer is anything to go by.

2 comments:

  1. Ability too.

    I'm not on your team so you wont get quite the yelling at from people you don't know as you would from me.

    However this does mean I get to give you a "reducer" "early doors"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am writing this whilst having a fag. That's all the reduction i need.

    ReplyDelete