Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ow

I hurt.

Feel good for having made the effort to go and play though. Even though I lasted 10 mins before being unable to run anymore, which didn't endear me to too many team mates. I realised they were on to me when they tried to trade me for the opposition's best player to "even things up". Prior to that I was swearing loudly each time each time I got skinned or let in a goal, just to let everyone know I'm normally much better at this football thing.

On the way home I mentioned to Kev that I was probably the worst player on the team and his simple response was "yes. You were." In terms of things that didn't need to be said, it's almost up there with my workmate Martin telling me that he'd had to rush out and buy me a leaving card last Friday because no one else had bothered and he didn't want me to be upset.

Am off for a bath to ease my aching bits, followed by a can of Red Stripe or two to dull what remains of the pain.

PS - watching "one hit wonders" on music channel "The Vault". Remember Semisonic? I do now.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:46 pm

    After maudlin Monday and woeful Wednesday, how's Friday working out for you? :)

    Yay for the weekend methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay indeed! Friday sucked too, by the way ;O) Weekend's been fun though, hope yours was too....

    ReplyDelete