Tuesday, August 01, 2006

shelagh

Sheeelagh....
Lovely Sheeelaggghhhhh.....
Sometimes I think you're a dreeeeeam!
When we work out what you have to do,
you will always turn the goods out, always turn the goods out
we can depend upon you.

Now how many people deserve a tribute in the style of former kids TV favourite "Bertha"?

Not many.

Shelagh is an enigma. On the outside, a slightly mental, hyperactive, tsunami of a girl (I blame the Belgian/Kansas upbringing), yet retaining the ability to gain a first in her Psychology degree, four years of worthy career helping the disadvantaged, and currently working her way through her masters en route to becoming a fully fledged Clinical Psychologist. How she manages it I do not know.

This raven haired hottie is often spotted being overly friendly in the Sub Club with her close friends, cruising down Byres Road in her Ford Fiesta or telling my close friends how they were "much fitter when you were 19 - what happened to you?! Ohmygaaad...". She does do a great line in birthday presents though.

Unfortunately, said jalopy does not seem to have the staying power to make it to London town, as Shelagh has never quite made it down to visit, despite numerous - dare I say "empty" - promises to do so. Allegedly the thought of seeing me one last time before I collapse en route round Hyde Park has finally proven reason enough though, and I hear she is thinking of "the end of September". I didn't believe it, but Lizzi reckons naming a date is closer than she's come in the past to actually making it.

Shelagh, my world is a better place with you in it - albeit by via msn messenger - and my sponsorship is 10 pounds richer. Can't wait to see you again for a couple of quiet drinks. I'll take the next day off work.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment