Thursday, August 24, 2006

Jill

I don't have a photo of Jill, as I have only met her once. Which makes the fact she has sponsored me all the more amazing....!

We should hold Jill up as a shining example of spontaneous generosity, if only to shame everyone who hasn't yet given Fairbridge any money. I am constantly surprised by anyone sponsoring me, so I was speechless to discover her giving up some of her hard earned cash for my cause, especially given that we met in the pub - when I'm sure most of you will agree, I am not always at my most charming or demure.

Jill is a friend of my "training partner" Craig (we haven't actually trained together yet, believe it or not), who I was introduced to a few weeks back in the DogStar. And a very lovely lady she is too. Hailing from the provincial colony of Canadia, she unfortunately doesn't say "eh?" or "aboot" nearly as much as I would have liked. Perhaps she was trying to be posh because she was in company. She is currently learning to play the guitar, or at least trying to buy one, so who knows, she may be famous one day. Anyway, I'm sure our paths shall cross again when I can thank her in person, but in the meantime - what was it you wanted me to put in your post? Oh yeah...

Thank you Jill, for your "amazing, selfless, awe-inspiring, heartfelt, makes-you-feel-all-mushy-inside generosity for donating £10"

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18 am

    I was trying to be classy in my chic sweat pants and unwashed hair....eh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, what was that aboot?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 pm

    Hey now, people with incredibly odd accents shouldn't throw stones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. nah, it's more petrol bombs where I come from

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.knowhere.co.uk/4234.html

    ReplyDelete