Monday, August 21, 2006

long time no speak

Been a bit of a hold up in the normally prolific blog posting of late, largely due to my getting a promotion and then losing myself in the bottom of numerous pints of guinness over the weekend. As a result my training took a "dip" (i.e. disappeared of the radar completely).

But as I sit here, with the dulcet tones of the psychotic bitch/worst mother in the world that lives behind me wafting across the late summer air (sample dialogue to definitely-less-than-10-year-old-kid: "you're NOT GETTING A F***ING PHONE, DO YOU F***ING HEAR ME?!?!?!".... Kid: "Waaaaah"), I have the satisfaction that I am back in the game, having run twice round the park tonight (with a little bit of a walk up the big hill the second time round), a distance of about 6 kms all told. I reckon therefore that with Hyde Park being largely flat, I'm still on track not to kill myself in 6 and a half weeks time.

Unfortunately, I seem to have given myself the shittest injury known to man, and now have a very painful left foot, due to... erm.... tying my shoelace too tight.

I bet Liz McColgan never had this kind of trouble.

In the news this week: my mate Euan (formerly of the comedy beard) told me he's doing the run as well. Then he told me he'd done the Edinburgh marathon in June. Cock.

On the donations front, I can only apologise to Helen S, Jill and Heather that I have not yet managed to suitably thank you all via the medium of rambling anecdote, but watch this space over the next couple of days and you shall get your just desserts. And I'm going to put in quick links to each tribute down the side as Lizzi is moaning that hers wasn't obvious enough after the first couple of days and people might not realise how wonderful she is.

Off for a bacon sarnie.

Tx

No comments:

Post a Comment