Thursday, May 19, 2011

Udderly brilliant



Tomorrow we're off to take in the delights of Norn Irish boy done good, Jimeoin, at the Udderbelly on the South Bank. It's a rare foray into "proper London" on a Friday evening ("a quick pint" x6 after work most weeks notwithstanding), and where better to spend it that inside a large purple cow listening to some top notch comedy?

It's only going to be the 2nd comedy gig I've been to since moving to London - a frankly rubbish rate of return on 8 years in the nation's capital. I always seem to favour music gigs when thinking about buying tickets - but have been keen to see Jimeoin since last year; I wanted to go to his show at the Udderbelly then, but we were somewhere in Eastern Europe at the time, en route to Mongolia.

I only saw him once on TV when I was younger (I think he's mainly based in Australia these days) but the guy with the local accent and his amusing, surreal take on life clearly made an impression. About 18 months ago, I was searching on You Tube to show my girlfriend and her mate a fine example of local humour, and this guy is who came to mind. It clearly had the desired effect; it is with those two lovely ladies that I shall be attending tomorrow night's performance. Not only is it in a cow, it's in a cow with an al fresco bar outside, and I've not had a beer since last Saturday. It's all coming together nicely - provided I don't overshoot on the pre-performance merriment and end up being dragged out by a bouncer for drunken heckling with my trousers round my ankles . We can but wait, pray, and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment