Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Supajam

I got sent a link yesterday by a mate, from a company called Supajam. In return for completing a couple of details, I apparently have been given a free day pass to the London Feis - an Irish festival in Finsbury Park next month featuring legends of the celtic world such as The Waterboys, Van Morrison and, umm, Bob Dylan.

All seems a bit too good to be true. Day tickets are pretty expensive (I know because I was checking them out a few weeks ago, although when I went to the homepage a few minutes ago it had crashed due to the number of people trying to access it - not overly encouraging), and I had to provide the closest amount to nothing of information. And yet, an email sits in my Hotmail as we speak, stating thus:





















My assumption is that the 'free ticket' will be in much the same way as provided by the BBC and other TV companies to entice audiences to programme recordings - more tickets are 'won' than available on the day, working on the assumption that not everyone will turn up (the perils of giving people free things, even if it is for a full day's worth of quality entertainment). See also EasyJet as a case in point - I believe it to be true, rather than urban legend, that they always overbook their planes, relying on no-shows which are apparently 100% guaranteed for every flight. Or 99% guaranteed, which is why it occasionally gets out into the media, when a disgruntled passenger gets stopped from boarding their plane because everyone else actually turned up before them for once.

But I digress. The emphasis in the email is on 'getting there early' to get the tickets - so the assumption is that around 1,000 of us have been 'lucky enough' to win one of the 500 tickets. It certainly sounds like a good enough reason to trundle up to Finsbury Park in a few weeks time though, just in case. If anyone has had any dealings with Supajam in the past, let me know how it went.

No comments:

Post a Comment