Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Olym-not-picked

Well, according to the 2012 Olympics, today should have been the day that money should finally have left my account, if I were to prove successful in the ticket ballot. Despite one of my friends securing some U23 football action, and another (slightly concerning) mate off to the Rhythmic Gymnastics, my bank balance remains resolutely no closer to its overdraft limit than it was two weeks ago.

It seems I somewhat underestimated the demand for session 4 of the men's preliminary handball qualifying, whilst it should have been a no-brainer that a midweek session of women's volleyball would be equally over-subscribed. I'm disappointed. Like all regular lottery players, I've spent the last month lazily contemplating my application for £20.12 tickets to the opening ceremony being pulled out of the hat, safe in the knowledge that at least my decision to head to two lesser watched sports (at least in the UK) would prove sufficient backup. Not to be.

As it stands, I'm heading into the second round of ticket sales like an X Factor contestant singing to stay in the show. I'll take table tennis. Archery. Modern Pentathlon. Anything. As long as the tickets are no more than £20, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment