Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bringing it back to the general theme of the blog for a moment...

.....which (when it started) was running, in case you hadn't realised - can't think why...

As mentioned in a few previous posts, whilst in New York last month I competed in the Homecoming Scotland 10K with my good friend Gav - it coincided with our trip over to see him and was a good excuse to pull my gutties on in anger again after nearly a year off.

The course is essentially a full lap of Central Park - what better place to drag one's aching limbs around at 9am on a Sunday morning? Beats the hell out of a dark Wembley industrial estate in a thunderstorm, that's for sure.

My time wasn't great, which was to be expected given my lack of training, head cold and general levels of excess during the preceding week, but I think I managed to style it out for a photo as I ran past our cheer-leading duo on the home stretch and the black & white photography cunningly disguises the worryingly red rings round my eyes at the end. 





No comments:

Post a Comment