Monday, May 16, 2011

Flexing my fingers & cracking my knuckles

The wholesale revamp of the blog this evening and the posting, en masse, of photos from our trip, would imply that I am in the throes of yet another attempt to start blogging again. I want to. More so than before. The advent of Twitter kind of distracted me there for a couple of years, along with other minor inconveniences like planning 8,000 mile trips to the other side of the world.

Twitter, however, is partially responsible for my renewed vow to make more of an effort. Whilst watching Dulwich Hamlet FC in the Rymans League (Division One South) the other week - which is, I suppose, my local team - I made a comment about the fact that it was somewhat fitting (given the relative wealth of the area) that their shirts appeared to be inspired by Hackett and had "The Hamlet" written in gastropub font on the back.

This was duly picked up by another supporter - @vornstyle - and retweeted. Curious as to who had decided it worthy of sharing, I took a look at his timeline and liked what I read, and began to follow him.

Vornstyle also blogs, at http://sportingdeviance.wordpress.com/, and this evening having picked up a few of his tweets during the day, I idly clicked on a link and read some of his stuff. I got sucked in by the content, and his tribute to his girlfriend saw me following the link to her website as well (http://www.seaneenmolloy.co.uk). An hour later I've come up for air.

There's no doubting that they're both talented writers - moreso than me by a significant distance - and have much more of interest to say (including, y'know, the opinions on 'stuff' which I've never quite developed). I didn't expect to find myself becoming so engrossed in their blogs though, and it's kind of inspired me to keep plugging away when I get the chance, even if it's just something that I can look back on in years to come.

And the new design does look kinda sexy, eh?

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww. Thank you, you are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like your blog too so shall add yer to my blogroll if that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a very talented writer - don't stop. I was utterly engrossed in your blog for ages, and it's only my limited vocabulary that prevents me from waxing more lyrically about its content. That never happens to me normally (the reading bit - the inarticulation is kind of par for the course).

    And thanks for your kind comments :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crumbs - just looked at your blogroll. That's some pretty exalted company I'm keeping! I'm honoured, and will not be in the least offended if I check back in a couple of weeks to find it has 'dropped off' the list...

    ReplyDelete