Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whaddup

How y'all been? Whatcha been at? Sorry for my absence from the blogging world yet again. The bank holiday almost melted London - unexpected humidity and 27 degree sunshine baking everything in sight.

I did my best to shelter from the harsh rays by snuggling down inside my beer jacket in the park and a variety of pubs. Alas, it proved fruitless and I felt increasingly rough and rubbish as the weekend progressed. I did at least make it to the park for virtually the first time this year on Saturday, and up to Shoreditch on Sunday, so (whilst we're down here at the bottom of the barrel), I can at least say I achieved something.

Was up in Edinburgh on Tuesday for the princely total of 4 hours - landed at half 10 in the morning and was back at the airport for half 2. I say 'in Edinburgh' - I didn't actually see the city. I did see an office block a couple of miles from the airport. Ahhh, the glamour and sex appeal of business travel.

Can't sign off this little nugget of nothingness without saying a big congratulations to my erstwhile 'training partner' (and the reason for me starting the blog in the first place), Craig. He ran the Bupa 10K on Monday morning in a new PB of 56 mins, finishing in the top 3000. I didn't enter because I didn't want to waste my bank holiday 'not drinking'. Clever me.



He's now talking about improving below 50 minutes - faster than my best effort 2 and a half years ago. I like to think there is a Coe-Ovett rivalry developing that will propel us towards the podium in London 2012. Bring it on Craigy boy. PS - you're Coe.

No comments:

Post a Comment