Thursday, May 14, 2009

Electric Radio Brixton

Congratulations to Electric Radio, who broadcast from HMP Brixton, on winning a clutch of Sony Awards the other night. It was a joy to hear the sour grapes from Radio 1 the following morning, as they tried and failed to get their heads round how they had millions of listeners yet were beaten by a station with 800.

I know the station manager, and remember almost choking on my pint when he told me he was giving up what appeared to be an easy life on the south coast to go and work for a prison radio station. As usual, I missed out on the bigger picture - he's contributing to a real, positive difference to the prospects and lives of inmates of my local nick and is winning recognition from the industry for his work, whilst I..... what is it I do again?

No comments:

Post a Comment