Wednesday, May 20, 2009

At some point soon, I'm going to have my healthiest day since 1996. On that day, much as this, I'll go about my business completely nicotine-free (as it is now 2 weeks since my last patch), will go for a bit of a run, and return home to nothing stronger than a cup of tea and an early night. I could have done it tonight, but it's the UEFA cup final and in honour of the 1st anniversary of my team getting gubbed I'm having a wee beer. But soon it will come, and my journey from pisshead health-free layabout to final tuned athlete will be complete. I have the additional right to my beer tonight as it is pretty much 3 months now without a fag, equalling my record from 2000. One bonus of the whole patch thing is that it focuses the mind on how long the programme has left - to the extent that someone else had to point out how long it had been since I stopped smoking. I'm still thinking in terms of it only being 2 weeks without a patch. Oh, and this is my 700th post. Congratulations to me all round I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment