Monday, May 21, 2007

Old pic of the day....

Ahh.... Hogmanay 2000... a distinct chill in the air as we walked to the Old Fruitmarket (aka knee deep slush). Saw in the new year standing bollock freezing in the queue for the club. Lovely. You would not know from this photo that merely 2 days later I was phoning NHS direct and persuading Gav to take me to Casualty (leaving as soon as we realised it was a minimum 5 hour wait for a doctor) as I lost feeling in my legs and couldn't stand up without falling over again. Of course, I completely blame the cold weather and not the debauchery of the evening in question.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:33 pm

    Is that not one of mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no you cheeky bastard, i imagine you get confused given that you pass off so many of mine as your own

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, as you can quite clearly see from the date stamp in the bottom right hand corner of the photo. Unless hell froze over and you decided to use an APS camera that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 pm

    i have no recollection of taking you to casualty whatsoever - are you sure that was me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup

    jan 3rd 2001. i got sent home from work and by mid-evening had convinced myself I had deep vein thrombosis.

    remember you partook in a fair amount of alcohol abuse in the intervening years, perhaps there's a bit of korsakoff's at work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:51 pm

    I apologise. Good skills taking a photo AND appearing in it though..

    ReplyDelete
  7. never said I took it, did I? Just said it's mine. As in taken with my camera. And in my possession. PS can I have my other photos back that I gave to you two years ago?

    ReplyDelete