Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm getting too old for this....

After a fantastic holiday, firstly in Northern Ireland and then in Wales, I managed to take it too far on Sunday and obviously broke myself slightly. The result, encouraged by a bumpy trip out of Canaervon in the back of Murray's (mum's) Mini, was possibly the most scenic chunder ever seen, down the side of a valley in the middle of Snowdonia.

The resultant shakes, sleeplessness, feelings of queasiness and knackeredness has further convinced me that the time is right to take a break from my passion and stop drinking for a while. This is a problem on several levels, not least that there is always a reason to have a drink in London, as well as the fact that I really enjoying going for a "quiet one" with J whenever we have some time off. But even health matters aside, I just can't afford to keep drinking. So the question is, when do I stop?

At the moment the most likely month to try is June, given that I have full weekends between now and then. Ideally I'd like to start on the 18th of the month - it being pay day - just so I can see how much better off financially I might be if I controlled my boozing. But then of course, the smoking ban comes into effect in England on July 1st - can I really bring myself to deny the experience of the end of an era? Like I say - there's always an excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment