Thursday, November 23, 2006

Ticketmaster are scum

Yes, I understand their "no exchange" policy.
Yes, I am an idiot.
Yes, they are the most inflexible, hide-behind-an-email-address company in the world when it comes to customer service.

"Noel Mellor" - I'm talking to you.


Please respond to "Ticketmaster Customer Support" tm_support@mailnj.custhelp.com

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 4 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please help!! I've been a total idiot and accidentally booked 3 tickets for t...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Noel Mellor) - 22/11/2006 07:17 PM
Dear Tony
Thank you for your email.
Ticketmaster's policy is that once a booking has been confirmed, it cannot be exchanged or refunded unless the event is cancelled. This is made clear at the time of booking. Therefore, on this occasion, we are unfortunately unable to assist you with your request.
I apologise I am unable to assist you any further in this matter and assure you of our best intentions at all times.

Customer (Tony Edgar) - 21/11/2006 10:52 AM
Please help!! I've been a total idiot and accidentally booked 3 tickets for the above show at the wrong time on the 17th December. I meant to book them for the 13.30 show but have booked for the 11.30 by mistake. I realise you don't offer exchanges but I really hope you can make an exception - the tickets are a christmas present for my four year old nephew, and he and his mum will not be able to get to London in time for the early show.

Please can you let me change the tickets - I will be eternally grateful as if my nephew cannot make it there will be no point in having the tickets.

Kind regards
Tony Edgar



[---001:002630:49514---]
Kind Regards
Noel Mellor
Customer Services Advisor
DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is private and confidential and may contain proprietary or legally privileged information. It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the author by replying to it and then destroy it. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail or any attachment. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:57 am

    do you reckon noel mellor is a made up name? the man that signs all the readers digest letters is called...wait for it...Tom Champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it might be a hybrid of footballers Noel Whelan and Neil Mellor... Both careers somewhat petered out after a promising start.

    And I know someone called Deirdre Merlot-Camembert - I do hope you're not implying it sounds made up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a number to call? Give me the details. I've yet to have business not back down after a call from Miss Jill Kathleen Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number to call?! Oh, dear girl, that would surely make life far too easy and them accountable for their actions! Call the number and one is told no-one is available, made to sit through the FAQs menu, and then told to email! They are shite!

    ReplyDelete