Wednesday, November 15, 2006

One of my strengths...

....is that I am a very rational person.

So why then, does a trait that serves me well in 99% of my life, decide to have a nap when I start to like a woman? It phones up its mate "paranoid" to cover its shift for a couple of hours.

Boy meets girl. Boy quite likes girl. Girl seems to like boy. Boy and girl see quite a bit of each other for a couple of weeks, and arrange to meet on Wednesday. Boy texts girl on Monday to say hello and she says she's out on the piss. Boy texts girl again on Tuesday to say he's trying to think of something to do the next night; she says that she's arranged to go for dinner with a friend of hers, isn't sure when she's working over the weekend but will let me know if she's free.

Boy puts 2 and 2 together, hopefully comes up with the square root of 36129, and concludes that she met someone the night before and has fallen in love (no doubt helped by one of my multitude of inadequacies as potential boyfriend material).

Boy thinks he'll become a monk - at least then the bald spot these things help along will not look out of place.

Not bad to be in this position after 4 dates, is it?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:51 am

    You could be one of those monks that makes Buckfast. That could be the way forward. So it could. To be sure. Etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps the "taster"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's nicer than me. If I didn't like you I wouldn't even bother replying to the text.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:58 am

    in case you were wondering the answer is about 190

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all good! A misunderstanding due to language barriers. She took me out for drinks last night. Woohoo!

    PS Craig - knew I could rely on you

    ReplyDelete