Thursday, November 30, 2006

I feel like Jim Carrey

I met up with my friends Helen and Lee in Belfast last night (they of " recently engaged" fame). It was very weird at points. It transpired Helen is quite a regular reader of the blog so knew a lot of things about me before I said it. It kind of cut an almighty swathe through our small talk.

TV advert comes on: Helen goes "oh! there's one of those adverts for towns! I'd never noticed that before!". Me: about to say, "funny you should mention that, I noticed that too!", only to realise she is actually commenting on the fact that I had mentioned it in the blog the night before.

Go out to the car to drive to the off-licence: Me: "I have to apologise for the car seat by the way"
Helen: "Why, because it's wet after you left the sun roof open?"
Me: "This is weird".

I feel like an extremely minor celebrity - perhaps a little above Dean Gaffney in the grander scheme of things. It is disconcerting to have people know things about you that you have not physically told them, despite the fact I am obviously sat here spouting no end of shite to you and profligating this nonsense on a daily basis.

And now we come to this. Tomorrow, or whenever she next checks the internet, Helen is going to read about me talking about her talking about me talking about myself.... If she phones me to discuss it I think the world might implode, or at the very least, my head might.

I'm off for a lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment