Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I got to drive the DLR today

It was fun. Andy had told me it was especially good on the tunnel into Bank station. It was - just like driving the tube I imagine! Or the world's most relaxed roller coaster.

For those of you who don't know, the Docklands Light Railway is entirely automated, so where the driver's cab would normally be is just a normal seat. On an otherwise empty train this afternoon on the way home from the airport, there were blokes as sad as me filling the front four rows of the carriage. None of us exchanged glances, but we all knew why we were there. Unfortunately I felt obliged to move when a proper toddler got on and wanted to "drive", but thankfully it was only for one stop and his mum thought I was great for doing so. After that, it was back to steering the train through Canary Wharf for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment