Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm reading a book

This is quite a rare event for me. It's called "A Confederacy of dunces". It's very good. It's so well written in fact, and the main character is such an utter arsehole, that I want to reach into the pages and throttle him every time he opens his piggy fat mouth.

Lucy chose it for me from her mini library. I asked her for a book to read when I was leaving hers one night, and rather than just grab the first one that she saw, she spent a good five minutes looking at them, describing them, thinking about whether or not I would like it before settling on this one and apologising that another one I might like had been borrowed by someone else.

I am touched that she cares so much to put so much consideration into it. It makes me enjoy the book even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment