Monday, November 06, 2006

Cathy

Cathy was next to sponsor me, almost two months ago. Oops. I went to school with her, but don't remember speaking to her a whole hell of a lot. I do remember one haircut that she had in 6th year where it was sort of medium length but shaved underneath. I remind her of this every time I see her. She does not seem very impressed and why would she? It is not exactly the most remarkable thing in the world. In fact, I think she might have been many years ahead of her time, as I recall that my friend Allison, who is up on these things, had a similar 'do' not so long ago. Anyway, it was obviously too much for my rural brain to comprehend ten years ago, and left its imprint on my mind.

Over the last year or two Cathy's been out and about when I've been home at Christmas and I've learned to appreciate what a lovely person she is. Last time I saw her was in Roskilde, in her green hat (pictured) - we went to see George Clinton together and it was.... well, it was an old man standing on a stage letting the rest of his band do all the work for him. But still, I'm glad I didn't miss it, and I was glad that Cathy was there too. And let's face it, anyone who forms part of my Roskilde memories is always going to have a special place in my heart. I think she's just one of those genuinely nice people - can't say much more than that - and I hope I catch up with her this Christmas and many more times in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment