Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Link to all my photos

if you can't get enough of my photography, here's the link to the whole set.....

Poland photos

Can imagine it might while away a couple of minutes on a Thursday afternoon.....

Regarding the photos below, I'll just put the details here, as I can't get it to format right when I mix pictures and text. Unfortunately not as many of J and me as I would have liked - one of the hazards of there only being two of us....

They're a bit out of sync due to my inability to blog, but from left to right, top to bottom:

1) The pier at Sopot. Very long.
2) A building in Sopot which has been built to look a bit like it's melted.
3) One of the massive churches in Gdansk, that caught fire a little while ago. Quite awe-inspiring as a burnt out husk.
4) J in the pub next to a slightly disturbing statue. If anyone can tell me the significance of an old man with a pair of boobs I'd be very grateful. The name of the bar was the "irish bar" (despite the lack of any irish tat inside) so I dunno if it's a literary reference
5) The restaurant J worked at whilst at uni
6) Statue of Neptune. Apparently there are 12 of them dotted around the city
7) J on Sopot pier
8) The shot she made me drink. Vodka, a layer of tabasco and then syrup at the bottom. Not half as unpleasant as it sounds
9) The arch leading from the river front to the street where J's restaurant is
10) The tower of the tallest church in Europe. See, it's big!

No comments:

Post a Comment