Monday, January 29, 2007

I want your soul

My flatmate/very good friend (which is the higher on the scale? I'm never sure) Helen and I have agreed, enthused by "Jools' Hootenany"-watching, to make a different compilation CD every month this year, encompassing a different genre.

This month (i.e. due on Thursday), it's Soul. My knowledge of which stretches to having heard of Al Green and having snogged a girl whilst "Let's get it on" played in the background in the student union 9 years ago. No doubt someone with a better knowledge of music will inform me that Marvin Gaye didn't actually sing soul music anyway.

Which is where I need your help! Some might call it cheating, I call it research, in the same way my research for my finals resulted in Caroline, Sheena and Claire giving me all their notes for the exam the next day (thanks ladies, you'll never know how much I appreciated it).

If you have one, two or 20 favourite soul songs, please let me know so that I can make Helen a kick ass cd to start off the year.

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
    Soul II Soul - Back to life
    Slade - (Soul here it is) Merry Xmas
    Donovan - Universal Souldier
    Nirvana/Bowie - The man who souled the world
    The Sound of Music OST - Soul long, farewell, auf weidersehen, goodbye.

    I'll think of some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee. Thanks. Knew I could rely on you.....!

    I actually read Soul II Soul before I got the joke and thought "poor craig, he hasn't a clue"

    ReplyDelete