Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I hate being behind with technology

I'm always the last person to get technology.

When I was a kid, I had a Spectrum when everyone else had C64s.
I asked for an NES just before the Super NES came out
I asked for an Amiga just before the company went bust
I asked for a Game Gear when everyone else bought Gameboys (although to be fair, only the mighty Atari Lynx was better)
I got a playstation when the PS2 was launched.

See? I'm rubbish when it comes to being on top of trends.

This year, I unexpectedly got what can only be described as a "huge wodge" of cash for Christmas thanks to my overly generous family, and decided to finally treat myself to an ipod, albeit a few years behind the times. Of course, me being me, I have ended up spending the money, and am now sat getting intensely frustrated with the premium piece of late 20th century technology that is the minidisc player, as I try to get myself some tunes for the great trip into the unknown on Saturday.

Justyna's just texted to say her and her dad are getting stuck into the whiskey, no doubt practising for my ritual humiliation with the vodka on Saturday night. God help me.

"Kurwa".

No comments:

Post a Comment