Monday, June 15, 2009

Sponsor me!

I've got my sponsorship page for the Cancer Research 10K set up via Justgiving (although it's actually hosted at run10ksponsorme.org). There's a handy link just to the left of the screen if you've half a mind to shift your eyes sideyways for a second.

Erstwhile training partner Craig has been strutting about our great nation's capital since his last run, shooting his mouth off about how he's a better athlete than me. I mean, proper disrespectin' me an' ting. He would probably deny this, but don't listen to him - I know what I've heard. Honest.

You wouldn't have expected your Mack Tattie to take that kind of boo'shih lying down and I can assure you, my friends, I have not turned the other cheek like a bee-atch.

A challenge was thus laid down, and that gauntlet duly picked up by the boy Pearce. In the mean, leafy, promenades of Hampton Court Palace on 27 September, it's on, baby.

This is a rallying cry! Team tattie, your tuber needs you! Sponsor me a couple of quid and in return I will crush my opponent, destroy his spirit, and string his trainers up from the castle gates as a warning to others who might think I am mellowing into middle age....... RRRRRRAAARRRRRR!!!!!!!

(err, PS , no offence Craig - we still cool for going to Bestival together, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment