Monday, June 15, 2009

At least I'm not a bad workman

I’ve been jogging (can’t really call it running and maintain a straight face) for 2 and a half years now, and over that time have accrued quite a bit of kit. Spot me trudging round Brockwell park of an evening, and I will most likely be decked out in my £70 Nike trainers, Nike+ iPod gizmo, armband for said iPod, special sports headphones, trainer socks, running shorts and a special runners t-shirt, no doubt commemorating one of the many 10Ks I have taken part in over the last 30 months.

All of which makes it all the more embarrassing when I get overtaken by the guy who does lap after lap in a free t-shirt advertising some sort of alcoholic beverage, combat shorts and a pair of battered, Velcro-fastened Golas.

There should be laws that you’re not allowed to take part in sport without the right sort of kit. Makes the more serious-minded of us look like we’re all style and no substance.

No comments:

Post a Comment