Tuesday, June 09, 2009

I'm running this

The Cancer Research 10K on 27 September.

It's round Hampton Court which should make for a pretty stunning backdrop - reports that the final kilometre is through the maze are as yet unconfirmed. My erstwhile training partner, Craig (tm) and his recent race running exploits have inspired a flurry of activity both on the training front and the race entering side - although I'm not around for the majority of London races this summer. The Cancer Research races are all over Britain on various weekends - you can check them out here. Why not enter one? You know you should.

I'm currently attempting to wind Craig up to the point where he develops a Coe/Ovett-style rivalry with me - my maverick, devil-may-care, lolloping style contrasting with his driven, metronomic, well-groomed sterility. Hopefully if it works it will get us both fitter and allow us to combine our fundraising efforts - so watch out for begging emails and posts in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. did you just call me sterile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Not a reference to your virility of course (of which i have no desire to know anything), more your incessant, almost robotic, devotion to only one goal - that of beating me. You're like the Chris Hoy of fun running.

    ReplyDelete