Sunday, April 26, 2009

The sun sets over another glorious day in London town....

Watched the marathon on TV this morning and now watching the BAFTAs at the Royal Festival Hall. If only I lived nearby, I would definitely definitely go to where these things were actually happening and be a part of it. Definitely. I mean, how shit would it be to live in the same city - never mind if that city was blessed with the most glorious weather of the year - and yet just be content to watch this stuff happening on telly when you could be there to witness it in the flesh? That would be a bit pathetic.

I met a mate for a couple of pints late this afternoon - only to find myself surrounded by smug marathon-finishers. Then I went to Sainsbury's in Brixton a short while ago and had to walk past about four more of them. I mean - Brixton? The crack capital of Britain? Put your medal away, we're not interested. I tell you, if I had got up at 6am this morning & run for 26 and a bit miles in four hours after months and months of training, the last thing I would do would be wanting to draw attention to the fact. Nope, I'd have changed out of my running gear, hidden my goody bag and melted down my medal, for fear that anyone might realise what a health conscious freak I was. I'd feel bad about making people feel guilty. You only have to look at the evidence of how I coped with my triumphs last year to realise what a caring, unobtrusive winner I am. Shame on you marathon runners... Shame on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment