Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Off the strong stuff

Yes, somehow, I have made it to the end of the full strength nicotine patches. Six whole, long, weeks without a cigarette. Well, 6 weeks and 1 day if we're being pedantic and obsessively counting every last second, as I had a patch-free day when sick.

On to stage 2 now for two weeks, although I got a bit of shock when I opened the packet this morning. The sealed pack is the same size as before, but the patch itself is about half the size - it looked minuscule after the beasts I've been sticking to my body and I don't have a huge amount of confidence in their ability to keep me on the straight, narrow and fragrant.

I've come this far so won't go down without a fight, but the sunshine is here, bringing evocative promises of warmth, beer gardens, parks and beaches.... Many better men than me have failed. Let the self-handicapping commence.

1 comment: