Monday, March 02, 2009

A star in the making

I got an email today from the production company that makes "Richard & Judy". They want to talk to me after seeing my video of the Rick Astley flash mob on You Tube.

Finally, my genius as a film maker has been recognised. You can see the BAFTA-nominated short below - note the gritty realism and camera work reminiscent of the Dogma school of independent film making practiced by celebrated Danish director Lars von Trier.

I actually have no idea why they want to speak to people who were at the RickMob last April at Liverpool Street station. I can imagine it probably has something to do with T-Mobile's shameless ripoff of the concept for their latest advert - yet another bit of fun which brought a few people together in unfriendly London which has been hijacked by a corporate beast for its own ends.

I'm not sure I remember very much about the event to be honest - except that the participants missed the point a little in that no one knew the lyrics. I certainly don't have much to contribute to a conversation with His Madeley-sty, but am sure I could bullshit if it were to get me on national telly.



Will keep you posted if I hear anything back. This could be my big break into the media, a mere 9 years after being asked in a pub to go to an audition for a new T4 presenter! Just think, I could have been Steve Jones. I'm sure the girl wasn't just asking everyone she saw to go along. She obviously saw something in my hungover shuffle which screamed "telly's newest heart throb". In a way, the fact I never bothered going along has turned into a positive, in that I can sit here and be quite clear about the absurdity of being approached, whilst secretly thinking that maybe I might have ended up as a rich, successful media type. Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment