Monday, June 11, 2007

Slowly returning to normality

I had a very civilised weekend this weekend - skintness helped force my hand and resulted in me having a few beers on Friday, a nice afternoon in the park and then a very civilised Saturday evening getting all cultured on the South Bank at the reopening of the Royal Festival Hall, and the best, most sober Saturday night's sleep I've had since I was about 14 years old. I slept like a log and woke up feeling so good I swore then and there never to drink again. Bounded out into the sunshine to meet Pino to play football in he park.... and then ruined it all when our "two pints" in the Prince Regent turned into "six pints". Was asleep by 7pm, woke up at 11pm not knowing what the hell was going on, ate a cheese toastie, and sweated my way through the rest of the night. And suffered the whole way through work today as if I'd been out on a bender for 3 days. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment