Monday, June 04, 2007

Quality control goes out the window again

Quite how thelondonpaper manages to fill it's column inches on a daily basis is beyond me, as I am convinced there is a complete lack of submissions for their "columnist" feature. The latest proof is that they have printed my drunken mush, penned when in a state of some fuzziness on Thursday evening.

Whilst I was proud the first time I got a column printed, it's more a case of "quantity over quality" this time round, and I expect to get much less than the 100% more vote I did last time. About time I got a reality check maybe.

Anyway, there's a link here if you're one of the unfortunates who didn't manage to read it first hand (from the texts so far i can pretty much guarantee that Sarah is the only one who did). The one bonus from the online version is that it doesn't have the cheesy photo I decided would best sum up my personality, which i found staring back at me on the Tube somewhere between Pimlico and Vauxhall this evening (see below).

Of course, I'm still gutted I didn't get recognised.

The article

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:33 pm

    Class!

    Am interested to know - who provided the title?

    Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they did. Mine was going to be "The Fly's the limit". But I forgot to suggest it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 pm

    This all kind of reminds me of this joke:

    An Englishman, a Welshman, and a Scotsman were sitting in a pub one day, each enjoying a pint. All of a sudden, three flies appeared, each landing simultaneously in each of the pints.

    The Englishman turned up his nose, pushed the pint away, then went off to order a fresh one.

    The Welshman reached in, grabbed the fly, flicked it away, then continued drinking.

    The Scotsman reached in, grabbed the fly, looked it straight in the face, and growled, "Spit it oot, ye bastard!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. har de har! quality. maybe I should submit that as my next effort...?

    ReplyDelete