Friday, June 29, 2007

God it's been ages

so it's been a while since I've posted anything. Rubbish. Let's just get it clear at this point that I am aware there are a few hardy souls who do actually look at this thing once in a while and for them I can only apologise for the lack of witty banter that has been forthcoming in recent weeks. I'm also more than aware that I owe Lorna and Im a write up for their generous sponsorship of my mum (1 week to go!!!).

I've obviously been up to a great deal, rather than just being really knackered after work and content to sit and watch mind-numbing telly or go to the pub for a beer rather than write something.

So what's new? well I'm sat in my flat on a Friday night, having left my mates int he pub cos I'm too skint and don't want to be any more drunk than I already am. My flat smells a bit like a sewer - I think because the bucket under the sink is yet again filled with rancid effluent from the washing up. I'm going to wait and see if anyone else notices as I have had to lug the stinking, rotting, acidic mixture out of the flat on the last three occasions. Elsewhere, the crickets that form the major part of Borys the tarantula's diet are making an unholy racket in my bedroom from their vantage point under my radiator. I always thought crickets were quite interesting, majestic creatures, but it turns out that I might be thinking of cicadas. Crickets are ugly little black beetly things which don't sound at all like I'm on holidays somewhere hot. Still, they're going to get eaten by a large spider soon so it's not all bad. The problem is you have to feed them too, so it becomes a never ending food distribution cycle.

Next time I'm buying a stuffed owl - much less hassle.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 am

    Am I to assume you have bought a tarantula?

    More info and picture required please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. regular readers/real friends will have seen the post I put up a few months back, showcasing Borys in all his glory....

    http://see-that-tattie-run.blogspot.com/2007/04/say-hello-to-boris.html

    ReplyDelete