Saturday, February 17, 2007

Last night....

....I insisted on having a couple of drinks with Craig to celebrate his birthday. He lost his phone, probably around the same time the crack addict-y guy in the pub was giving him a can of Special Brew as a birthday present, while his mate (born and bred south londoner) tried to get me to admit that "Ulster said no" and "it's time to stop the persecution of our people", whilst believing that it was Ulster Protestants who founded America and gave the victims of the famine a safe haven. I didn't want to tell him that Cushendall, where his ancestors came from, was in the heart of nationalist country.

So yeah, Craig lost his phone, all £400 of it, having only recently replaced it after it got stolen a few months ago. We came back to mine to wait for my girlfriend to finish work, both fell asleep, and I woke up at 5am on the sofa surounded by empty KFC boxes, lying with my legs either side of him, and two missed calls on my phone from her. Nice.

Sorry Craig, for insisting we went out and "had a good time".

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

  1. For fucks sake, craig has gone through more phones in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. be fair to the lad, it wasn't his fault. That guy looked well dodgy. If anything, we can admonish Craig for being too friendly but that's about it....

    ReplyDelete