Monday, February 05, 2007

I got a comment on one of my photos on Flickr

Unfortunately it's in Polish so I have absolutely no idea what it means. Probably saying "you're shit, can't believe they allow you to hold a camera, you're making my home town look rubbish" or something... I've emailed it to J to ask her to translate...




"infernieri says:
Cześć. Moze warto byłoby sfotografowac pijany domek trochę z innej perspektywy ( przykucnąć, skrócić obiektyw i cyknąc bliżej, troche eksperymentów nie zaszkodzi ), zaczekać na jakieś inne bardziej kontrastowe oświetlenie, aby fotka nie była taka mdła i bez kontrastu. Niebieska dominantawzieła się ze złego ustawienia balansu bieli w aparacie. Podejrzewam, ze robione było w trybie auto i aparacik ustawił biel tak jak mu się podobało. Reasumując: takie zdjęcie zrobi każdy, nawet najbardziej początkujący pstrykacz, niemniej jednak widziałem duzo gorsze i zycze powodzenia w dalszych eksperymentach fotograficznych. Pozdrawiam"

(have had my phrase book out - "Cześć" means hello. Moze means perhaps. Pijany is drunk. trochę means "a little bit". At this point I was starting to kind of work out where the commenter was heading, but also getting a little bit bored. So I just looked up the last word - if it's good then I won't worry. "Pozdrawiam" - regards. Bugger, doesn't tell me either way.)

Oh, and someone else has it tagged as a favourite, so even if I have unintentionally just posted hideously offensive Polish content on the blog, I have that as a crumb of comfort. The worst case scenario, having checked out his/her professional shots of the same building, is that it is constructive criticism... I don't deal well with that. I know it's a bit rubbish!

No comments:

Post a Comment