Friday, June 27, 2008

Third-life crisis

It's a sad but inevitable fact of life that i am now too old to realistically refer to myself as having a "quarter life crisis". Barring vast leaps in genealogical science, i ain't gonna see the big one two oh. I've suffered a crippling fear of getting old since around 2002, when i turned 25. I'm still not out of it yet, and an evening spent in trendy hipster joint 93 feet east hasn't helped. It's not so much that i felt old, more that, sitting there in my suit and surrounded by young enthusiastic weirdly attractive oddballs, i remembered when i was like them, out in the twilight zone of mid week clubbing. Needless to say, my attempts to persuade louise to stay out and get wrecked were unsuccessful, and i'm currently bumping my way home to the south east london suburbs on the night bus, with a 6am start for work awaiting me. I miss being young and on the fringes of something potentially exciting. Night night.

1 comment:

  1. to be fair tone you probably arent going to make it to 90.

    you'll probably make 75 or so.

    that makes it your 4/10 life crisis.

    ReplyDelete