Monday, March 10, 2008

The world's 50 most powerful blogs

The Observer had a piece in their magazine yesterday on the world's 50 most powerful blogs. I was caught a little by surprise, as I had not been contacted by the editorial team prior to them compiling the article. As you know, whilst I am without doubt blazing a trail for irrelevant, dull, non-story diary blogging, I am very protective of my privacy and take great steps to ensure the secret doesn't get out and thrust me, blinking, into the spotlight of celebrity. I worry I might do a Britney or an Amy once the snowball effect took hold and I found myself unable to cope with being labeled "the future of mundane commentary on nothing whatsoever". Plus, I still get spots at the age of 30, and would hate to see myself lampooned by Heat for not wearing enough concealer of a morning.

So, a couple of phone calls and some hasty editing of the blog later to remove any semblance of wit or wisdom, I avoided catastrophe and ensured that STTR remains in the hands of you, my loyal inner circle of readers.

Don't say I never do anything for you.

If you're interested, the 2nd-51st most powerful blogs in the world can be read about here

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 am

    I absolutely love Dooce.com, read it all the time.

    (Obviously it's my second favourite blog...)

    ReplyDelete