Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Kwality proof reading

After trying to watch Celtic lose in Barcelona tonight on the STV website (it kept crashing), I had a quick browse at Rangers' section to see if I can watch the game on Thursday in the UEFA Cup. This story caught my eye:

"Kris Boyd says having fellow striker Daniel Cousin at Ibrox at least until the end of the season can give Rangers the impotace to compete for trophies on four fronts."

Impotace?

It's so badly spelled that it took me a while to work out what they meant - it doesn't even look like a word.

Best not to let the work experience kid write your copy, guys..... You're emplieing us Huns are all illiterate idiots.....

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 pm

    Ha ha - I must admit I stared at that for a couple of seconds there until I figured out what they meant to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds suspiciously like "impotence".... kind of summing up Kris Boyd's performance in front of goal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... and I notice that it has now been corrected on the STV website - no doubt as a result of the media furore instigated by my blog post. A "must read" amongst those in the know in media circles you know. Well of course you do.

    ReplyDelete