Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Training: Day One

Today is the first day of my intensive training schedule to get back in shape for the 10K. I thought for ages about going out for a jog this evening when I got home, and it made me feel quite tired afterwards. Over the next few days, I hope to get as far as not having my afternoon cigarette, and perhaps even leaving work early with the express intention of definitely pulling on my trainers.

In fairness, Mother Nature conspired against me this evening. It's properly chucking it down - not in a "frolic in the spring-time dew" sort of way, but in a freezing, penetrating, drenching fashion. This, combined with my need to walk home from the supermarket with a hole in my shoe (and thus a soggy foot), meant I took an executive decision that my baby step for the day should be ensuring I don't come down with a nasty sniffle. I therefore am sat in the warmth of my room with a cup of hot coffee, about to get my exercise through the power of Playstation. My virtual pixellated footballer friends can try out a variety of training techniques without subjecting me to sore muscles or wet hair. It's all sports science at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment