Thursday, August 16, 2007

God bless the internet

I checked my Google Analytics this evening, just to see what's been going on. Bizarrely, someone had found their way to my blog by typing "Noel Mellor" into the search engine. And spent almost 10 minutes on it.

"Who's he?, I hear you cry...." Well, it would appear he is a former Ticketmaster employee now working for Bruntwood Estates in Manchester (and abusing his internet access), who decided to Google himself the other day.

Having found it weird that the name was on the list of referrals, I Googled it myself to see where I appeared in the results, and clicked on the link to my post of November last year. There were four comments. Now, having a life 'n all, I wasn't sure what they said.... two were between my friend and I, but there were a further two that grabbed my attention. For the benefit of those who don't remember, you can read the original post here. The additional comments are posted below.........

Noel, all I can say is, you made my night. I did laugh quite a lot. Obviously 9 months have passed and I no longer give a shit about my crappy little argument with you. But fair play, you were quite entertaining with your response. Really though, don't you have anything better to do than search for yourself on the internet?

PS - by way of explanation, I accidentally called him Neil in earlier correspondence because their was a guy called Neil Mellor who played for Liverpool for about 4 games.
__________________________________________________________________

Anonymous said...

Hi Timmy,

Just so you know, I dont work for ticketmaster any longer but recall having great fun with wankers like you thinking that they were going to get somewhere by attempting to sound clever and crafty...

I should also point out that each time you spent half an hour writing an e-mail that would so accurately 'wind me up' and crack the corporate machine that is ticketmaster (you little armchair militant you) I was pressing a button that sent you an automated response.

By the way, did you ever get that refund? Didnt think so.

8:03 AM

Delete
Anonymous said...

(I just noticed I got your name wrong tee hee fucking hee)

Yours so very sincerely

Noel

8:05 AM

Delete

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 am

    That's hilarious! Quality stuff. Between you and Lee telling me all this kind of stuff though I am getting (even more) paranoid.

    *shiver*

    Big Brothers - don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're better than big sisters if my experience was anything to go by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey chief how do find out the people who logged on, I have analytics as well and some dude from Washington has been checking out my blog but no idea how to find out who he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:03 pm

    I still love the 'automated response' that requires a button to be pressed.

    ReplyDelete