Friday, July 04, 2008

Less than 48 hours to go....

All being well, 48 hours from now i will have finished the british 10k and will be smoking a tab somewhere near the finish line. Last night i dreamt again, and as usual it was a mixture of the mundane and the seemed-perfectly-normal-at-the-time. It was friday night - this evening actually - and i was trying not to drink before the race. I went for a walk around the local countryside. Passing the ladies on the trade union stand at the end of the road, i happened upon a couple of hamsters who were narrowly avoiding being run over by cars by curling into a ball and letting the draft of the car blow them out of harms way. I told them they were lucky not to be injured, and they agreed, because they could talk, you see. I woke up thinking that my subconscious is much like "abroad". Nice to visit occasionally, but you wouldn't want to live there. I really want a hamster now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment