Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kenyaaa.....Ohhh Kenyaaaa.....

.....where the giraffes are..... and the zebraaaaaa!

Yes, as I write, Mother tattie (on the left in the photo) has been in Kenya for 5 days and her trek is, amazingly, almost over. In the past few days, she has seen giraffes, buffalo and gazelles, abseiled down a 25 metre cliff and climbed 550m up the side of a volcano... and these are just the things she has told me about.

She'll never realise how proud I am of her for doing it and taking the plunge - those of you who sponsored her will have received a very nice email from her before she set off which outlines how determined she is to use it as the start of a new chapter in her life. It was so nice to be there at Heathrow to wave her off last Saturday (almost, but that's another story) - although she was so excited about the trip she barely spoke to me the entire time I was there!

Go on that mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment