Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hello again

It's been a while again, hasn't it? I entirely blame Facebook for my lack of action - I don't actually do anything on it, but just spend hours seemingly refreshing the browser to see if anyone else has done something. I'm sure it's not the most productive way of spending my fast-disappearing youth.

Recently I've also been up to a fair bit - went to see my favourite German pop band last night at the iTunes festival at the ICA which was a nice and unexpected way to spend a Monday evening, when I was still feeling the effects of a night of horrible debauchery on Saturday. It was quite a small gig with only about 350 people there, but there were enough actual fans there to have the place jumping and demand a second encore.

Previously on Saturday we braved the rain to visit Lambeth Country show, the highlight of which was the small children on motorbikes jumping through hoops of fire. They were only about 6 years old - I was sure there must be laws against stuff like that. Unfortunately the awful weather drove us back to my flat and then to the pub, upon which the drunkenness began. Somehow remained unconscious until 3pm on Sunday and spent the rest of the day with my head down the toilet. You know when you wake up still drunk at that time of the day that the hangover, when it hits, ain't gonna be pretty.

But I'm almost back to normal now and have spent a lovely evening cleaning my flat in preparation for the return from Poland of Justyna. I even cleaned my rug. And no, that's not a euphemism. I now have a completely clean bedroom which seems about twice the size it was earlier on, not that it'll last.

Mum is now back from Kenya, and had an amazing time by all accounts. Unfortunately her camera sneakily broke just as she arrived in Nairobi but she didn't realise, so returned with 3 films worth of nothingness as a record of her trip. Pretty gutting - she has got a copy of other people's, but it's not really the same.

Went to the Tour de France first stage in Greenwich a couple of weeks back - was a very exciting 20 seconds, as we were stood right at the start line. Of course, by now the whole thing has descended into drug-fuelled farce yet again, with the favourite testing positive for blood-doping and his whole bloody team withdrawing from the event. What's the point? Surely these people realise they'll get busted by now? Being from Kazakhstan is not an excuse.

Anyway, I'd best be off, as I was using bleach in the bathroom earlier and judging by the burning sensation on my hand and my face may have failed to wash my hands correctly afterwards. Still, if I got some on my hair it might give me an attractive skunk-esque streak to cover the new grey hair that has appeared right in the middle of my fringe. Bloody Mother Nature and her sense of humour....

No comments:

Post a Comment