Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Lee - a.k.a. Wattie187

Remember how i promised to thank everyone who sponsored me? No, neither did I....

Lee (left, mohican, with my mate Fliss) is next up on the list, who I saw just over a week ago when he and his dear fiancee invited me round for dinner. Yes, he is the one-and-the-same man who is making an honest woman of my friend Helen.

We had a lovely time when I was back in Norn Irn, getting a bit pissed, talking shit, and (in my case) having a crash course in metal (Lee - forgive me if this is not the genre you're into). The dvd went on, bands with names like "Slayer" ranted forth, and Lee explained why it's not all just noise. I have to say I was really interested - when we were in Roskilde together him and his mates were heading off for the more hardcore bands while I hung around with some of the girls to see effeminate indie groups. It's good to gain an appreciation for new things, and if you've ever checked out his blog, you'll know that Lee is an able teacher.

I couldn't ask for a nicer bloke to be stealing my mate Helen from the ranks of singledom - from the moment I met him I liked him, and would class him as a mate now even though, Rosklide excluded, we've maybe only met a handful of times.

But I tend to gauge fellow males on how I'd get on with them down the pub, and I could quite happily be stranded in a bar under a snowdrift for a couple of days (like that old Labbatts advert where Malcolm the Mountie had to lower beer down through the chimney) with Lee and still be gutted when they dug us out.

Cheers mate, roll on the big day.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers chief, same goes on the trapped in a bar malarky. But I find you can trap yourself in the bar for no reason other than the fine ale on tap.

    Will hopefully see you at Christmas, maybe even at your mums disco! \m/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true my good man, very true.

    I'm sure the DJ can fit some Slayer in between Daniel O'Donnell and Showaddywaddy if we ask nicely!

    ReplyDelete