Thursday, May 29, 2008

See that tattie collapse in a wheezing heap....

The last time I trained for a 10K the build up to the race seemed to last for an eternity, and even though I was late starting to actually train, I still seemed to spend hours and miles pounding my way round the park in preparation. By the time of the race I felt fit and confident and ready.

This time, in contrast, is farcical. I'm averaging approximately 1.2 runs a week at the moment, never for more than about 15 minutes, or 3 km. The race is on the 6th of July, which to my mental arithmetic makes it around 5-6 weeks away. I'm screwed. What makes it more frustrating is that I've known I was doing this since about March, and was absolutely adamant that this time I was going to train properly and give it my best shot. Bah.

Looks like intensive measures are called for - I might even give up the cigs this time. My bank balance would certainly appreciate it at the moment.

Shite.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:39 am

    Wish me luck for tomorrow - eek!!

    ReplyDelete